View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 10:05 PM
Little Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlaugh0095 View Post
#4.Character Development/dynamics: This was probably the biggest complaint and what many would agree "ruined the film". No one cares about dull flat characters! When the first 30 year old high school student got killed at the dinner, I was just like "okay, why do I care this guy is dead?" I don't know this guy. Was he friendly? was he a bastard? Well, we will never know because he was killed of before any major development.
Jackie Earle Haley did bring something new to Freddy, when i seen the new Nightmare on Elm Street I was not looking for the old Freddy that was done by Robert Englund, but like you said it was flat, however there were a few oneliners in the new film that gave hope for the new freddy. 1. Jackie Earle haley was a bad pick for the roll and could not pull it off or 2. Filmmakers did not give him enough space to really play with the idea for freddy on screen, becasue he did bring a different side to Freddy. but did not sell me on his portail of Freddy, now I think if Jackie Earle haley had the room to play with Freddy to really make him his own, i think he could of pulled it off. I tend to sway towards option one with a shadow from option two. I think the new Nighmare suffered from lack of imagination, thus why we see a flim that was some what flat. In the new Friday the 13th film they change jason up a bit on how he acts, made him more like a hunter/predator stocking his pray, they toke extra time to knock home the point that Jason is a Hunter and your dont screw with him when he is in his hunting grounds. We really dont see this type of imagination in the new Nightmare movie, we see a flatness, a bone with out meat or blood.

Last edited by jessieblood; 03-23-2013 at 10:22 PM.