View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 12:18 PM
GORE~geous

I Saw The Devil 2010

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1588170/

Let’s start by saying I saw the devil was banned from public theaters in Korea. According to the Korea Media Rating Board, the movie has scenes that “severely damaged the dignity of human values” so they gave I saw the devil a “restricted rating” which means the film is only eligible for limited screenings in special theaters which exclusively program adult films. As no such theaters exist in Korea, the film is effectively banned. The producers made some changes and after twice being refused a releasable rating, I saw the devil has finally been cleared for release with a ‘teen restricted’ rating, the highest allowed in Korea’s cinema chains.

Kim Ji-woon takes the tried and true serial killer formula but not before flipping it on its disturbed head… Here’s the official synopsis:
Kyung-chul (Choi Min-sik) is a maniacal serial killer who drives a yellow school bus and preys on young women. He captures and kills his victims, but their deaths are not the end of his madness. While the police have been aware of his actions for some time, they have never been able to put a name or face to his crimes.
When the corpse of a retired police chief’s pregnant daughter surfaces, things change gears and the hunter quickly becomes the hunted. Yet it is not the girl’s father who swears vengeance, but rather her secret agent fiancé, Joo-yeon (Lee Byung-Hyun), who decides to track down the perpetrator himself. Anyone with even the remotest information on the killer’s whereabouts is in for a bloody beating. But when his mission starts to come together, Joo-yeon morphs into quite a disturbing monster himself.

I have this film..I'm so excited. Friends of mine have seen it and said its a revenge film so brutally awesome its gonna blow you away!! Hell Yeah!
Anyone else interested in it or has seen it already? My subs are perfect!! Fuck!!!!!

TwitchFilm's comment:

Quote:
Revenge is a dish best served cold, someone once said. In Kim Ji-woon’s I saw the devil, revenged is served so fucking cold it’s like a block of ice smashed across your face.
Trailer:

Last edited by Monet's Muse; 12-11-2010 at 06:22 PM.