View Single Post
Old 02-26-2019, 12:25 AM
Evil Dead

[QUOTE=Sculpt;1037086]Wow, that would be a great show! That was a famous tour. For a lot of the states tour they we joined by Blue Oyster Cult. That would have been a cool show too.

Nice! i've never seen them live.

Sorry bout that, I forgot you can't see the vids. Ya, it was Live for the King. I love the big power bass of the song, and the guitar solo is ripping. Dio really nails it. He knows how to find and express the drama and feel of songs.

He did indeed know how to nail it...truly powerful voice and presence. Had heard he was also very open towards fans and sad day for music/us when he passed.
Saw him with Sabbath twice on the MOB RULES tour (second one was first concert with my wife when we started dating) and they were great, albeit a little too short. Also caught a show on the SACRED HEART tour...was decent, but he seemed a bit distracted, think problems between he and Vivian Campbell were starting to really grate.
I also had a chance to see him in 2007 with Heaven and Hell with Alice Cooper and Motorhead opening. Still kicking myself for missing that one!

"Jumpin' Jack Flash"-Rolling Stones