Thread: Event Horizon
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2010, 04:12 PM
Reality Beats Gore.

Send a message via MSN to Elliot Robertson Send a message via Skype™ to Elliot Robertson
Event Horizon (1997) - Review

I just checked out the film 'Event Horizon' directed by Paul Anderson (Alien v.s Predator, Resident Evil) starring Laurence Fishburne and Sam Neill and well, I enjoyed it.

The film is set in the year 2047, a search and rescue team is sent out to find the long-lost ship the "Event Horizon" that dissapeared shortly after it's maiden voyage.

The film launches you stright into the entanglement of mystery as the crew find and board the Event Horizon, you're quickly asking questions as the crew find mysterious things aboard the Event Horizon. The film is like the sci-fi version of "The Shining" as you're led on a voyage of psycological sci-fi mystery...

Sadly the mysterious brilliance is not upheld long as quickly the film takes a turn into classical hollywood repetetive nonsense. However, the creepy noises hang on the edge of the annoying final moments of the film.

The Horror aspect was up and down. I enjoyed some parts while others were too corny and laugh-worthy.

The film however offers quite a handful of pretty scary moments. I'd reccomend it to most of you out there that can ignore some corny moments.

My Overall Rating: 6.8/10
My Horror Rating: 7/10
IMDB's Rating: 6.3/10