View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 09:44 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Episode 18

Opening credits role. Fade to the shot of V laying down in the courtyard. Suddenly, the screen appears to rewind. It stops just as Psycom is carrying V through the town. He's running through the streets. He passes a figure in a cloak who appears to be hiding. As Psycom runs out of sight, the man turns around to keep looking. It's Despare. He looks shocked and confused. He runs back into the church and stands in front of the alter, holding the cross he broke.

Despare: Is this punishment? For my sins? Well? IS IT?

He looks down at the cross.

Despare: Who am I kidding? You're just an abstract thought...

He sits down.

Despare: Something cooked up by someone who needed answers and couldn't be bothered to work things out.

He looks down at the face of Jesus once more, then puts down the cross.

Despare: I'm done with this...I can't put up with it anymore. I need a fresh start. Time to stop thanking thin air for good things in life and go out there myself.

He looks around him then puts the broken cross on the alter, walks out and locks the door. He puts the key down in front of it and walks towards his house. Fade to a shot of the hill where the sheep were killed. Someone's running down it. It's Disease. He runs up to the Butchers.

Disease: Mass! Open up! NOW!

The door quickly opens. Massacre Man is there. He lets Disease in.

Disease: Did you see what just happened?!

Massacre Man: No, but I sure as hell fucking heard it!

Disease: Half of my fucking woods! GONE! It was the fucking dragon.

Massacre Man: Shit! I thought I heard that thing go over. You okay?

Disease: Barely. One of the oaks flew up into the air, smashed part of the house.

Massacre Man: Where's Cavalier?

Disease's face drops, he shakes his head.

Disease: I looked for him. I really did. But...there was just blood everywhere...and...a...paw.

Massacre Man: Stay here as long as you need brother. We'll head up to the house a dawn, recover what we can. Did you take a look at the shop?

Disease: It's mainly okay. A few windows are smashed but the crafting tools are fine. I should be fine working up there still.

Massacre Man: Damn...

Disease: Yeh.

They're silent for a moment then Massacre Man speaks.

Massacre Man: SHIT! The soldiers-

Disease: Dead. One of their bodies was near the house.

Massacre Man: Wow...

Disease: Did you see anybody run past the house?

Massacre Man: What?

Disease: As I was running down here I saw someone running towards the castle...

Massacre Man: Hmmmm. Could have been a soldier.

Disease: Yeh. It did look like a woman. Monalisa I suppose.

Massacre Man: Lucky Bitch.

Disease: No sign of the masked man though.

Massacre Man: With any luck the dragon killed him too.

Disease: Yeh. You know what. I've had enough!

Massacre Man: What the fuck are you on about?

Disease: That king. The whole castle.

Massacre Man: I think we all have...

Disease: But it's time somebody did something.

Massacre Man: Like what?

Disease: Like tomorrow, we speak to the townsfolk, get a secret meeting. Up at my woodshop.

Massacre Man: You don't mean?

Disease: Yeh. A rebellion.

Fade to a shot of a small building. It has a green cross painted roughly on the wall and a sign saying "Doctor Faustus' Alchemy". Fade to a shot of the inside, apparently in the basement.

Doc Faustus: It is...time.

The room is dimly lit by lanterns on the wall. There are metal cups all around him with various colored liquids. On the table in front of him, a dead body of a man is tied down. Doc is hurriedly rushing around, mixing things, then pouring them into a large bath. It is filled with a slightly luminous green liquid.

Doc Faustus: I must have it this time...I must.

He looks to a book, then runs over to the bath and quickly pours in a cup full of salt.

Doc Faustus: Nearly...

Finally, he runs over to a plate and grabs a rotten apple. He throws it in there. It quickly fizzes and disappears. He looks to the body.

Doc Faustus: Please. This time.

He runs to the wall and grabs a large level. He pulls it and the table tips gently. The body rolls off, into the bath of liquid. It fizzes and spits violently, glowing bright then fading. Eventually, it begins frothing madly, to the point that it's bubbling over the side. Doc's eyes widen slightly, then fall again when he sees the body is exactly the same. No movement.

Doc Faustus: Dammit!

He bangs the wall with his fist. The torch above the bath shakes, and a tiny piece of burning wood drops down, into the bath. As it hits the liquid, a bright white flash fills the room. Doc gasps and runs over to the body. Nothing happens for a second then...flickering. His eyes flicker madly for a moment, then close again. Doc's face lights up as he smiles.

Doc Faustus: Yes...YES!

He grabs the torch off of the wall and touches it to the glowing liquid. No flash. Nothing happens.

Doc Faustus: What? I...I had it. Right there. I had it!

He puts the torch back, but as he does so, gets a splinter. He pulls the tiny piece of wood from his hand and throws it at the wall. It bounces off and falls into the bath, above the man's face. The blood from the wood dances as it falls through the liquid. As Doc watches curiously, the swirling red blood falls into the man's open mouth, and as it does, his eyes flicker once more.

Doc Faustus: My God...

Doc squeezes the pin prick hole in his hand and yet another drop of blood drips out. It swirls through the liquid once more, into the dead mouth, and this time, his mouth begins gently shaking, akin to a very cold person. Doc rushes up the stairs and runs back down, holding a dead chicken.

Doc Faustus: Come on...

He drives a knife into the carcass and a large amount of blood drips out. As it goes into the man, his eyes stop flickering, and stay wide open. His mouth closes. He looks around. His arms twitch, then reach out, grabbing the sides of the bath. Doc Faustus is smiling widely. He looks behind him, to a painting of a woman about his age on the wall.

Doc Faustus: Soon, my dear sweet Rayne, we will be together.

Doc turns back to the body of the man, laughing maniacally as the corpse, whose skin has become a little less green, lift's itself out of the tub. Ending credits role.

The Ferrets like it...