View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 07:03 PM
I Am Violence

Quote:
Originally Posted by p1zl3 View Post
Me thinks your profile name shows you holds a mild bias... ;)
...a question; Technically, isn't every re-make a re-imagining? I don't think I've ever seen a re-make that was absolutely true and verbatim to the original. If so, what's the point of the re-make?
Ft13th (2k9 edition) sucked and here's why: I want you to imagine a cool $19,000,000.00 sitting in your bank account and the only thing you have planned for the next year is Christmas. A husky voice calls you on the phone and says: "friday13thfan (place name here), did you get that money I wired to your account? The general public has been itching for a Ft13th remake and you, being as massive a fan as you are, are the only man knowledgeable enough in this series to create it. What do you envision the 2009 edition Friday the 13th, being like?"
Would your end result be anything close to what Hollywood has done or would it be a genuinely unique experience that followed in the footsteps of it's predecessor?

...think about it.
Oh I'm not saying it was great or anything or even good. The plot was predictable and the kills not very unique. I like Jason himself more then the movie itself. Also this screenname was picked when i was 13 back in 03 so my taste have changed, though voorhees will always be my fav slasher. Mine would follow more in the steps of the predecessor with lots of studying of all the paramount films but with minor changes to breath new life into the series but not go overboard with it.