Thread: Insidious 2
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 05:40 AM
For Vendetta

Insidious 2

During a video interview today for Dread Central's upcoming Indie Horror Month celebration, writer/actor Leigh Whannell elaborated about what he's been cooking up for Insidious 2, the follow-up to 2011's hugely successful thriller helmed by James Wan.

Plans for the sequel were recently announced, and while it was revealed that Wan and some characters from the first Insidious would be returning, there hadn't any further news on just who would be back to deal with what's lurking in The Further.

While talking with Whannell about the success of the original, he revealed that his character, Specs, and his onscreen partner in crime, Tucker (played by Angus Sampson), would indeed be coming back for Insidious 2.

Quote:
"I can say that yes, my character will be seen in Insidious 2," said Whannell. "It may probably bum a lot of people out, though, to hear this news. It's part of the reason I don't even read the internet message boards anymore; there was this hatred that spewed out from fans saying 'I hated those guys! They sucked! They ruined the movie!' so there will probably be a lot of people out there who will be disappointed to hear that the Specs and Tucker characters will be coming back. (laughs)"