View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 01:49 AM
That fucking Guy...

The latest "Walking Dead".
New character introduced...one who manages to unbelievably kick two of the major players asses while unarmed then drops some HUGE story-changing infor...Interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes here.

I've also read an issue of "Avengers Academy" which in my opinion is actually a better read as it's big-brother title at this point. Never before have characters that have been introduced from the ground up into existing "superhero" continuity, been something I'd much taken notice of, but yeah I guess it's in the writing.
Some really cool mystery stuff with future/time travel going on too.

Green Lantern - The 4th issue of the "new 52" title.
I have figured out something about this whole new 52 thing.
The storylines/titles that are "new" can be hit and miss. I love some, I couldn't be bothered with others. Though the ones that continued on with the existing continuity (such as the Bat-titles and Green Lantern) are rock solid.
I have not enjoyed this title so much in AGES.
I mean shit, Sinestro is back albeit unwillingly on the "good" side, and is practically the main character in the book now - redemption? Who knows...but the back and forth between himself and his, hm, assistant Hal Jordan who is no longer a GL himself is just brilliant.
I'd recommend the current series to anyone that's ever liked the book.

Suicide Squad - The latest incarnation of this title also under the "new 52".
Continuity of it's own it seems, though it bares a slight resemblance character-wise to the "secret six" title that finished up a little while ago. Deadshot, ?Killer Shark? and Harley Quinn are the major players here, as villains whoeither perform govt missions, or die.
Probably the BEST "new 52" title out of the self contained out-of-continuity storylines.

New TMNT series - Best it's been since the beginning.
Love it. Fans CAN NOT be disappointed by this one. Read it.

Batgirl #4 - Also "new 52" but existing continuity.
Great new villain in this one, even if the rest isn't all that noteworthy.
Probably my favourite bat-villain to be introduced since "Hush".

That's it for now, lots more to read.