View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 02:18 AM
That fucking Guy...

Just got done with the latest issue of the ongoing series of Hawkeye (#11).
I didn't actually think I'd like this series, the art is pretty rough and the character has been largely hit and miss in his solo outings outside of Avengers stuff.
However, there's some charm to it.
I like that it's standalone and independent of his other avengers/marvel associations. Very street-level stuff, even moreso than say daredevil.
Basically paints the character as a stuff-up/burn-out at this stage in his life, though there's something really down to earth about this series that I love...not much inner-monologue, not too much flashback/background or superhero type stuff, but enough is provided for new readers to jump on.
To me, the comic doesn't even LOOK interesting and I find it difficult to put my finger on what I actually like about it, but it's entertaining.
Just stories about a dude with an interesting past, getting by.

This issue I just read impressed me with very little use of words...of course being aware of what's been going on in the comic helps explain things a little bit...but I'll just say the entire comic was presented in the perspective of a dog that the title character liberated early in the series.
Shows the dogs thought process, associations and presents an interpretation of how the senses work.
Nothing weird or scientific about it, but I thought it was very well done.

Anyways, I'll just say it's one of the more solid Marvel titles out now.