View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 11:35 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Episode 18

Opening credits roll. Fade to a shot of the two space stations, crashed in mid space. Cut to Dante and Massacre Man, carrying Gorephobia down some stairs. They reach the bottom of a flight.

Massacre Man: Get the trolley!

Dante runs up the stairs. A trolley gets thrown over and lands at Massacre Man's feet.

Massacre Man: Not what I meant...

Dante jumps over the edge too, landing perfectly. They put Gore onto the trolley.

Dante: We're close!

Dante starts to walk forwards, then breaks into a jog. Massacre Man follows, pushing Gorephobia on the trolley.

Massacre Man: Wait!

Dante: No! I have to find her!

He runs towards Monalisa's shop. Behind him, Massacre Man is grabbed by something. Dante turns and rushes back. It's a Lux Lucis, and a large one at that.

Massacre Man: You fucker!

He pulls at the creature's arm but it only grips tighter. Dante runs at it, but it holds one of it's hands out.

Lux Lucis: Come any closer and I'll break him!

Massacre Man: Just try-

His face goes purple as his air cuts off. His eyes bulge.

Dante: What do you want?

Lux Lucis: Revenge.

Dante: What?

The creature hesitates for a moment, then lets go of Massacre Man and runs off, it's muscles bulging.

Massacre Man falls to the floor, gasping for air.

Dante: Let's go!

Massacre Man: Hold...on.

Dante: She's so close!

Massacre Man: What's wrong...with you?

Dante: I need to find her!

Massacre Man: How do you even know where she is?

Dante: I just do!

Massacre Man: No. You...tell me.

Dante: I can feel it.

Massacre Man: You haven't given me a straight answer to anything you've done. Nobody could jump from those stairs without a scratch!

Dante: Do you want my help or not?

Massacre Man looks at Dante, then sighs.

Massacre Man: Why does she matter so much?

Dante: What are you talking about? She's a human being, we have to save her!

Massacre Man: But in the time we've been looking for her, we could have been abandoning loads of people. What's so special about her?

Dante: She's the last one.

Massacre Man: Last what?

Dante: The last person of my ship! The last one left. I laid there, in some kind of fucking coma whilst these bastards tore apart the people I was supposed to be protecting! They all got slaughtered and if I can just save her, then maybe I'm worthy of being a captain!

Massacre Man: Fine...but she better be cute.

They proceed to the opening of the shop and Dante steps in. Hammerfan is laying on the floor, unconscious. Outside, Massacre Man examines a hole in the wall opposite the door, made by the bullet that Hammerfan fired.

Dante: Jesus...

He looks at Hammerfan's legs.

Dante: Hammerfan...wake up.

He gently taps her face.

Dante: Hammerfan.

Her eyes blink open. She looks at Dante and smiles slightly.

Hammerfan: You...

Dante: Yes, it's me, Dante.

Hammerfan: You bastard...you left me.

Dante: I'm sorry. I really am. I just-

Hammerfan: They're people.

Dante: What?

Hammerfan: The creatures. Those things. They're people.

Dante: I know...how do you know?

Hammerfan: He tried to kill me...

Dante: Who did?

She points to the photograph of her, a man and a girl, standing together.

Hammerfan: How could he...you know?

Dante: I guess I have to tell you. Those things. They were mutated by the light. That light that shone on the ship. It, altered things in their body.

Hammerfan: How can you be sure?

Dante pulls off his shirt, revealing scaly skin that's going brown.

Dante: It did it to me as well.

Massacre Man: Holy fuck in hell!

Dante: It's alright. I'm still me. But as I looked into the light, I saw it all. Everything. All of the secundum that ever was.

Hammerfan: Secundum?

Dante: That's what they called it. It's latin for Next. As in, the next stage.

Hammerfan: Evolution?

Dante: Kind of...it all started when the Earth was formed. There was no "let there be light". The light was already there, and he made Earth. It is an entity of pure creation. It made Earth and filled it with creatures, and fed off of their lives. But as time goes by it can't feed off of the creatures anymore, so it progresses them. Hence, evolution. But soon the creatures rebelled against it. They saw that they could harness it to make themselves evolve better, instead of the random changes it was putting them through.
They somehow imprisoned it in the center of the Earth, in the molten core. But it used it's last bit of mass energy to ruin all they had built. It destroyed it all. As time went by, it's energy seeped slowly through, making things evolve slowly. This evolution gave it just enough power to stay alive. Then came the WOC.

Massacre Man: The War of Crisis...

Dante: It damaged Earth so much and filled it with radiation. Somehow, it fed itself off the radiation and gained enough strength to flee Earth. Before it did, it used it's strength to save a helpless girl whom it fell in love with. Then it fled, to the far ends of the universe that had been created by it's...others. But they had long since died, each of their worlds betraying them. It fed off of their dead energy and returned to get revenge. It had been a creature of neither benevolence nor malevolence, but it's imprisonment bittered it and it now views us with red eyes.

Massacre Man: So how do we kill it?

Dante: That's where it wins. If we kill it, there is no force to progress us.

Hammerfan: Why...is that. Bad?

Dante: Somehow, and I don't know how, if an race goes too long without the Secundum, they lose their souls.

Massacre Man: Souls exist?

Dante: Our soul is what gives us our free will. It is the thing that makes us each unique. Without it, everything just...blends into each other. A grey world of uniformity and no individuality, then they just fade away. No progression and no souls causes an accelerated devolution where we would just turn to nothingness. And that is the thing that tears me apart inside. What do I do? Save the human race from a mass slaughter and destroy Secundum, only to leave them to a slow fate, or do I sit back and watch as they all die?

Massacre Man: Jesus...

Hammerfan: No...

Dante: And I have to choose...

Ending credits roll.

The Ferrets like it...