Thread: whats next....?
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 05:59 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

As a father of two boys, this shiot pisses me off something terrible. I've been in several shouting matches with the principle of the lkocal elementary school about the unnecessary coddling of our children.

what ever happened to "boys will be boys" and meritocracy.

What I particularly despise is the "self esteem" bullshit of giving every child an award (citizen of the week, etc) so the awards mean nothing. There's no motivation to be the best, because the best is no lnger recognized as highly as the dope who tries really hard and almost gets it.

My kids school has three 4th grade classes and two of them are "advanced." Bullshit! The other class is behind. It's advanced when 5 or 6 kids are blowing he curve - when 50 out of 75 are called advanced, that's an unnecessary inflation of their egos so as to not "harm" those who are falling behind.

There are no "remedial" classes either.

AAAAAAAAAARGH!

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon