View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 03:03 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudgetusk View Post
If they didn't attack us then it would just be some film about a zombie/ghost standing around. While the living just go about their business.

Maybe the act of dying makes you evil. Why do we fear ghosts? They're just people who died. Why would dying make you evil?
I don't think it necessarily makes you "evil" to die, but it could make you angry and upset.

Like for example if I was killed by another person rather it was because of murder or being killed in a war or executed for a crime or whatever. I would probably experience a lot of pain in the process of death before the life drains out of me and I am gone. If I was consciously still existing in some form I'd probably be very pissed and upset that I had to go through something like that and if I could hurt the person who killed me I would.

Or even if I was dying in the hospital. I might be angry that the doctors were unable to do anything to save me.

Edit: I think a good ghost example would be Kayako and her son Toshio from the Ju-On/The Grudge movies.

The title alone tells you that as ghosts they were angry that the man who was supposed to love them and take care of them brutally murdered them both in their own home so as spirits they continued to haunt the house and kill anybody who dared to set foot inside of the house that was once their family home. The "grudge" they felt after their deaths continued to linger.

Edit: and I think people fear the dead because they remind us of the fact that we are all doomed to die someday.

Last edited by LuvablePsycho; 10-12-2018 at 04:45 AM.