View Single Post
Old 05-24-2016, 06:18 AM
Horror > Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBossInTheWall View Post
Yeah. That was the first song I heard from her. Eons ago. She played it on an NPR show that's no longer airing. She had written it the night before and it was the first time she played it for anyone. I recorded it from the episode and put it up on youtube if you're interested. You'll need to raise the volume up a bit to hear it. I don't like the Begin to Hope version, while I really like this version. When she's played her music live before its been arranged and put on an album its almost always much better. When arranged on her albums a lot of extra stuff is put in that ruins the songs for me. Her live versions of "Hero of the Story" and "The Virgin Queen" are so good if you can find the right concert recording.

Thanks for the link. Checked it out, but I prefer the LP version. The one you like more has a dirge quality that isn't as appealing to me as the bouncyness of the LP tune. As far as her other work goes, I really have only enjoyed Fidelity. So far, everything else I've heard by Spektor doesn't leave a mark with me.