View Single Post
Old 07-25-2018, 06:36 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
Wiki says "citation needed" but if I was guessing they mean that the story of the timeline was changed in Halloween 2 to make things work. I recall Carpenter didn't like doing the whole relation thing. I guess we'll see in the new movie. I haven't been watching the trailer or anything much since the announcement.
So in Halloween (1978) they never said Laurie was Michael's sister? Was it even insinuated in some way?

I just reviewed the plot in wiki... a few of related issues:

1. Laurie's last name is Strode, not Myers, the last name of Michael.

2. Michael follows Laurie because Bobby and Laurie dropped off a key at Michael's old house, where Michael observed them.

3. After Laurie gets a strange call from the Wallace house across the street, where Laurie's friend Lynda is babysitting, Laurie goes over to the house where she finds 3 dead bodies, including Lynda on a bed; at the head of the bed is the gravestone of Michael's older sister, Judith Myers, who Michael killed as a child 15 years earlier.

In all cases, there's no direct information that Laurie is Michael's sister...

But still, the film opens with Michael killing his sister; Michael "waits" for a specified time and then goes back home to Haddonfield days before Halloween, the day he killed his sister Judith; Michael follows Laurie around, but not Bobby; Laurie is about the age of Judith when she was killed. I think there is an indirect insinuation that Laurie is a sister or sister-figure of Michael.

Last edited by Sculpt; 07-25-2018 at 06:39 PM.