View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 04:53 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningriser View Post
BlacKKKlansman 9/10

This was such a great movie! I wasn't sure what to expect going into it and was afraid it would just be more racist propaganda like Spike Lee's other movies like Summer of Sam, Malcolm X, Girl 6, etc.but it was surprisingly well written and while it was obviously made to have white people look as the more aggressive of the two races, the message is to live as equals and to forget about the past and get over yourselves and just move forward . The movie had a great cast aside from just Denzel Washington. Adam Driver, who plays kylo Ren in the newer Star Wars movies did an amazing job and Topher Grace who played Eric Forman on that 70 show played the grand wizard of the KKK which in itself was pretty hilarious. I highly recommend this movie for anyone whether if you are black or white because if you ask me this movie is a hell of a lot more meaningful and has a much better message then something like Passion of the Christ which is basically made to guilt trip you while this movie is just made two show you exactly how bad racism is and what it can do to people and their families. This movie showed me that I have been holding such hatred in my heart for so long for so many wrong reasons. Watching this makes me want to be a better person.
I really want to see that film. It looks great and such an interesting story.

I don't mean to nitpick but it's John David Washington, not Denzel