View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 12:44 PM
Evil Dead

Wild Bill - Following his release from prison,former drug dealer and local legend Bill is reluctantly forced to play Dad to his two sons whose Mother has abandoned them.

I was worried this was going to be a clone of every other cockney gangster film,full of cliches and pissed off granite faced geezers,and whilst there is some of that there is much more on offer.

The cast is excellent and chock full of British talent,standouts are Charlie Creed-Miles as the titular Wild Bill and Will Poulter who plays his eldest son.After dominating The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader as the sour faced Eustace,and here playing the put upon and resentful teenager Dean,it will be interesting to see what Poulter can do in a role that does not require him to be quite so annoyed all the time.

First time director Dexter Fletcher's depiction of the gritty,underpriveleged and often violent lives of the main characters is balanced by uplifting moments of real heart and humour (Due in no small part to Flether's own co written script).

Wild Bill was not a film I was expecting anything from,but now I would consider it something of a little homegrown gem. 9/10