View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 08:36 PM
Misanthrope

Couple of days sick in bed with a stomach bug had me catching up with some flicks on my hard-drive I hadn't watched...

Frat House Massacre

Thought this was a little overlong but I enjoyed it a lot. Nasty minded slasher throwback. Great stuff. Will be purchasing this one for sure.

Dear God No!

Not as good as the trailer/poster lead me to believe (in true grindhouse style!) but still trashy as fuck good fun.

Bad Ass

Solid old school action/revenge flick. Hoping to see Trejo in more leading roles. Vengeance should be out sometime later in the year hopefully it's just as good as this one.

Never Back Down 2

Miles better than the pretty average original. I thought this was awesome. Michael Jai White is the best action star to hit the screen in a long time.

Dahmer

Not bad at all. Glad this based on Dahmer himself rather than following a police investigation style format. Not as good as Ted Bundy or The Hillside Strangler but still worth a look if you're a fan of serial killer bio-pics.

The Wild & Wonderful Whites Of West Virginia

After watching Justified I found this pretty interesting... it definitely hammered home how much they prettied up the mountain folk for the show. Nothing amazing but it was an cool insight into another way of life.

Young Adult

My girlfriend seemed to enjoy it but I pretty much switched off early on because the main character was an annoying, selfish, and just plain unlikeable plus the film was riddled with the usual Diablo Cody terminal hipster bullshit (seriously fuck off back to the 90s).