View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 05:58 PM
From The Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
Why would it be bad for you to wear something like that?
Liverpool is a sport city-mainly football (Soccer) so everyone here wears sportswear except when wearing smart clothes for work etc-obviously I don't as I tend to wear dark coloured clothing anyway but it's casual but with no logos or anything like that. I'm ashamed to admit but people are very backwards here in terms of how you look-regularly "goths" get tormented and bullied I experienced this myself when I went through my experiemental goth look phase in my late teens and moved to Manchester which despite not being very far away is a completely different city-people there don't judge you for how you look whereas (in fact if you look different you can get compliments) in Liverpool they are very pre-judgemental and wearing those shirts would attract very unwanted attention. I tend to keep myself to myself and don't really get noticed. It is really sad things like piercings, tattoos, certain bands/artists on tshirts are responded to in a very hostile way. I had hoped on coming back here things would have moved on but they haven't. I realise I'm conforming to fit in but I haven't the energy for constant confrontations if people hear knew my dark heart-I keep it hidden