View Single Post
Old 01-17-2017, 08:58 PM
Nancy Thompson

Who Here Writes Horror?

I've written three complete screenplays (one short film and two features). The short film screenplay was made into a short film in college but the two feature screenplays were never made. I tried sending out several cover letters for the one feature screenplay to writing agencies but they never got back to me. The second feature-length screenplay I tried making into a film myself but I couldn't get anyone to help me with it and it was way too extravagant of a screenplay to make by myself.

I always wanted to be a horror author, so I've gone back to that original goal for myself. I'm currently working on two books, a novel and an omnibus of stories. I am thinking of going back to the three screenplays I've written and novelizing them, expanding the stories.

Who here writes horror and what type of horror do you like to write about, if you don't mind me asking? You don't have to tell me your plot ideas or characters if you are not comfortable doing so.
"Fool: Well I don't want in, I want out.
Alice: Sometimes 'in' is out." - Wes Craven, People Under the Stairs
Quote:
"I take back every bit of energy I gave you. You're nothing. You're $%^&." - Wes Craven, A Nightmare on Elm Street
The Ultimate Dream Warrior