View Single Post
Old 07-21-2018, 06:16 PM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
Seems wackey. It's been a long time since I saw Unbreakable, and it's hard to see how it fits with the film Split, besides the premise of Glass, of course.
Quite different in tone, I found...and what we saw at the end of SPLIT was a pretty tenuous link at most. So aside from "they exist in the same universe/area" and that one of them is a "good" superpowered person, and one is a BAD one...that's about it.

Quote:
I thought Mr Glass was the opposite of "unbreakble" Willis, having bones like glass, which isn't really a superpower. He has a high IQ, but that isn't a superpower. How does he fit?
Well yeah, but like the chick said she thinks they ALL have delusions of grandeur...to her that's all it is. I don't believe he's ever referred to HIMSELF as being powered. Just as the polar opposite of the Bruce Willis character. Note, she says "gifts".
Though it's not unheard of to have a villain, even a SUPERvillain, that has little in the way of powers besides intellect. Standard comic trope as explored in the first film.
I mean all that's stopping him from being something like "The Wizard" or "Doctor Doom" is that he hasn't really bolstered himself with technology (looks like in this trailer though, he designs ?something?)
So he's more Lex Luthor, definitely more the "mastermind manipulator", looks like he's fairly successful here in setting the players up against each other.

I just hope that
a: This isn't just Dawn of Justice again.
b: No "Kill me while I'm me/weak" ending. It's been done.

Funny though isn't it how long it took for this to come out...MNS made so many other movies in between, most of which were panned. I'd heard way back when he'd originally planned on a trilogy, maybe the fact that these last two have come out so close to each other indicates he's realised maybe this is what he should have done in the first place.
He's good at this. I will see this one on faith for sure.

Last edited by cheebacheeba; 07-21-2018 at 06:24 PM.