View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 08:55 PM
Scares Little Kids

Oh, how time flies when things get messy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Yo.....

Where's Aaron these days??? You guys throw him out the balloon??
Well... while I certainly can't speak for Aaron... *ahem*

Dirk Manning is back!!!

www.NightmareWorld.com ran into some webhosting problems a while back that took us off-line for a few months... but we're back in effect, ya'll... and I don't want any of you to think I forgot about my old school peeps here.

I'm not afraid to say this... *sniff*... I missed you guys!

A lot has been shakin' with NIGHTMARE WORLD since my last appearance here, including a new publishing deal with APE COMICS and... wait for it... a BRAND NEW GRAPHIC NOVEL THAT'S SET TO BE RELEASED ON HALLOWEEN DAY!!!

It's late, and I'm tired, but here's some details... as well as a peek at the cover... be sure to let me know what you think! :cool:

NIGHTMARE WORLD Volume 1: "The Long Hard Road Out of Hell" is now available for pre-order in PREVIEWS.

The book is 144 booty-whuppin' pages and contains 13 NIGHTMARE WORLD stories (a majority of which have never been in print ANYWHERE), an introduction by Rex Mundi scribe Arvid Nelson, over 13 new never-before-seen-full color illustrations that introduce and "frame" the narrative of the stories and a massive sketchbook section (including character designs, script samples and more)... all topped-off with a gorgeous cover by Kristen Perry... and all for $19.95.

That's a helluva lot of horror goodness for less than a twenty-dollar bill, folks.

The book will is scheduled to be on shelves nationwide Halloween Day... BUT ONLY IF WE GET ENOUGHT PRE-ORDERS.

Remember, folks, I'm not working for Marvel or DC, and that means that MOST STORES WILL ONLY STOCK THIS BOOK IS YOU PRE-ORDER IT FROM THEM. That doesn't mean you'll have to pay for it upfront -- you won't have to do that until the book comes in -- but we need to hit a certain pre-order minimum in order to ensure my publisher that we can send the book to press.

After all, printing full-color graphic novels ain't exactly cheap, you know?

So -- that's where things stand now. Contact your local comicbook shop and ask them to PRE-ORDER you a copy of NIGHTMARE WORLD Volume 1. It's on Page 230 of PREVIEWS and the ORDER CODE is AUG07-3372.

To say I've poured my life and soul into this book -- especially considering everything that's been going on behind the scenes in my life this past year -- would be an understatement... so I'm now putting everything in all of your capable hands...

If this book is successful we can move forward with more volumes... hopefully eventually completing the whole 52 story sage in four neat graphic novels... let's make that happen.

Onwards. ONWARDS!!!

SINcerely,
Dirk Manning