View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 03:13 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Episode 19

Opening credits role. Fade to a shot of Monalisa, she's running down the hill where the sheep were killed. She looks slightly beaten up. She runs past the town, along the road and through the castle gates, past the injured body of V. She rushes through the castle, past guards and straight to a room that The Return is sitting in. He looks up at her.

The Return: What the hell just happened out there?

Monalisa: Drag...on...kill...d...men.

The Return: You have five seconds to start making sense.

Monalisa: We...wer-

The Return: Four.

Monalisa: Waitin...fo-

The Return: Three

Monalisa: The...drag-

The Return: Two.

Monalisa: I...t...cru-

The Return: One.

Monalisa: THE DRAGON WENT INSANE!

The Return stands up abruptly.

The Return: I gathered that much! But how?!

Monalisa: I don't know! My men and I were waiting for the masked slaughterer when the Dragon flew towards the woods. They tried to run. It...crushed them.

The Return: Foolish men! What have you been teaching them? Cowardice?!

Monalisa: With all due respect, those men knew they had no chance against a dragon.

The Return: Don't give me that pile of horse crap, they've been trained to handle situations like that. You must have taught them otherwise.

He stares her down. She looks away.

The Return: I knew it! What have you been teaching them?

Monalisa: I simply said that in at the end of it all, they're lives are more important-

The Return: Than what? They're honor? Their kingdom? I knew giving a woman this kind of power was foolish.

Monalisa: If they let themselves die, they're of no help! They needed to try and save themselves!

The Return: And look where that got them! Nothing more than badger food now.

Monalisa: How dare you speak of them like that?

The Return: How dare me?

Monalisa: They're out there risking their lives. Not like you, coward, hiding within these old walls.

The two look at each other, glaring, then suddenly, The Return back hand slaps her. She falls to the floor.

Monalisa: You monster!

The Return: I've a good mind to feed you to the dogs!

Monalisa: Do it then! Prove to everyone that you're afraid of someone seeing you for what you really are!

The Return: Guards...take her to the dungeons.

Guards gather around her, grabbing her by her arms.

The Return: Be sure to give her the one underneath the sewer.

Monalisa: You will regret this! Sooner than you think, your kingdom will come crashing down!

The guards carry her out. She doesn't fight them, merely laughs. The Return puts a thoughtful hand to his chin, turns to a guard who is looking at him warily, and spits.

The Return: What are you looking at. WELL?!

Guard: Nothing.

The Return: Good. Then tell me what that is out there?!

He points to the window. The guard warily walks over, then speaks.

Guard: I think I just saw a flash of light at the alchemist's.

The Return walks up behind him.

The Return: Take a closer look.

He pushes the guard out of the window. The guard screams as he goes down, splatting down next to V. Hammerfan is talking to a guard next to it.

Hammerfan: Thankyou so much for informing me, I'll take goo-

The body crashes down beside her.

Hammerfan: DEAR LORD!

The guard looks up.

Guard: That would have been the king. Glad I'm not on royal duty tonight.

Hammerfan is shaking slightly.

Hammerfan: Th-th-th-thankyou once...aga...again.

Guard: There is a cart waiting for you.

Suddenly, the picture rewinds, it shows V laying there, then him being put down by Psycom, Psycom carrying him through the town, past Despare. It rewinds to the point that they're just leaving the castle. The camera shoots from the castle towards the volcano. It reaches a cave like opening. Roshiq and Gore and walking in.

Gorephobia: I can't believe it...

Roshiq: Well you must.

Gorephobia: It's just, I've lived here my entire life. And in these past few days, everything has changed...

Roshiq: It's what is right.

Gorephobia: I know that...

They walk far down the cave. They reach a large opening. It's now lit up by torches on the walls. There are creatures of all kinds bustling around. Small trolls, cute fluffy creatures, huge slimy ogres, shades, Centaurs, Ents, unicorns, three headed dogs, imps, green skinned women that look like witches, large spiders, and one or two things that look like people but have odd things, such as tentacles of crab claws. There are strange things that look like stone gargoyles flying around and many ordinary animals. There are even some trees down there, but they don't look like anything humans plant.

Gorephobia: My god...

Roshiq: Yes.

Gorephobia: There are so many of them...

Roshiq: Yes...and this isn't the whole lot. Some are in other caves, training for the assault.

Gorephobia: I...I can't believe it.

Roshiq: It's about time you started believing what is in front of you. The time will soon come for you to fully prove yourself.

Gorephobia: I...I know.

A gargoyle like creature flies into the cave, past Roshiq and Gore. It flies up to a large bell hanging at the top of the cavern. It rings the bell. Immediately, the creatures become silent and walk down separate passages.

Gorephobia: What was that?

Roshiq: I'm not sure...some kind of attack. Flite!

The Gargoyle flies down to them.

Roshiq: What is it?

The Gargoyle has an oddly sophisticated accent.

Flite: A group of soldiers. About thirty. One large one. Heading this way. The V leads them.

Roshiq: They must be trying to recover the dragon...

Flite: The dragon is in position.

Roshiq: Good. Do what must be done to get rid of them.

Gorephobia Don't kill them! Get rid of them, but do not kill them. Enough blood has been spilt already.

Roshiq: My friend, we are about to go to war. It is necessary.

Gorephobia: Is it? All we need to do it get to The Return! I know these men. I've met many soldiers. They do not fight because they think it's right. They fight because once they joined the castle, there is no leaving! And V doesn't even want a part in the war!

Roshiq: He was sent to kill me.

Gorephobia: But only because he wants money. He knows little of what this war is about. He doesn't believe in either side.

Roshiq: ENOUGH! We have limited time. The shades are ready to go! We must move.

Gorephobia: Where do I go?

Roshiq: Follow the passage nearest the tree. You will find Rét down there.

Gore walks away. As he gets to the passage, he turns.

Gorephobia: Don't kill them!

He walks off down it. Roshiq looks at Flite.

Roshiq: Tell the shades...eliminate them.

Flite nods and flies down the passageway. Roshiq looks to the passage leading out of the volcano.

Roshiq: Soon...this kingdom will fall, and the rightful owners shall rule. And the humans...will be no more.

End credits role.

The Ferrets like it...