View Single Post
Old 10-25-2008, 09:35 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Small episode.

Fade into a shot of the town. It's daytime. Fade to a shot of the town hall. Inside, loads of people are standing up, shouting. A man in a flat cap starts shouting at Monalisa, who is at the front, trying to calm everybody down.

Man: I had a look and three of my own sheep were killed! How could you let this happen?

Monalisa: Please, people, we are ON IT!

Man: On it? How can you be on it? Seventeen sheep were killed, and if it wasn't for Pinkfloyd many more would be!

Monalisa: Flayed, I swear, if you keep shouting you'll be back in that cell!

Flayed: Sure! Threaten us! That's all you guys ever do when you have a problem!

Monalisa: We are trying to solve things!

Hammerfan: HOW?!

Monalisa: We're not sure. If Pinkfloyd would give us more infor-

Alkytrio: NOW HOLD UP!

V: Jesus Christ! She's in shock! Right now, she's back at the inn, shaking her ass off!

Monalisa: Well that isn't exactly helping us, is it?!

Alkytrio: So what's your plan then?

Several people ask the same question. The hall goes quiet.

Monalisa: Well, our idea. Is...is to monitor each and everyone of you.

The crowd starts shouting.

Monalisa: NOW LISTEN! We have soldiers ready to do this, that way if it is any of you-

She is drowned out by the protesting townsfolk. One man, sitting beside Massacre man (who was holding his head), stands up, and slowly walks to the stage. As people see him, they slowly become quiet. He walks up to Monalisa and gently pushes her out of the way. The crowd is silent. He speaks.

Disease: Way I see it, we have two options. First. We flee. Get out of the god foresaken place. They didn't name it Hope Death Comes for no reason. Heck, only reason we stay here is for the crops, and even they've been getting worse lately. The second, is a lot simpler. A group of us townsfolk go up to my woods, and we wait. That son of a bitch is gonna be back. And when he is. We kill first, ask questions later.

The crowd is silent for a moment, then they start to nod in agreement. Monalisa comes back to the front.

Monalisa: Excuse me, but that is against the law.

Disease: So is killing our live stock. And what are you going to do?

The two stare each other down. Monalisa speaks.

Monalisa: Anybody who goes ahead with this plan. Will answer to The King.

Disease: Oh yeh? Who's with me?

The crowd are hesitant for a moment. Then a few cheer.

Monalisa: This is your last chance.

Disease: You know what...okay. People. It isn't worth it.

Monalisa: And just to be sure...I will station some guards. We do not want this man dead.

Disease: And why is that?

Monalisa: That is our business.

Disease: How do you expect any of us to stay in line if you keep us in the dark.

Monalisa: Me? Oh, you are much mistaken. You do what I say because I represent the castle. That is The Return. And...Dante.

The crowd of people murmur amongst themselves.

Monalisa: Remember what I said people.

Monalisa and the guards walk away. The townsfolk walk outside. V is walking towards the Inn when Despare walks up to him.

Despare: V? Why...you're here.

V: Yes...

Despare: What about the Dragon?

V: Oh. You weren't told. Yesterday, as I was training the men, a message arrived from Dante. It told me it had to happen tonight.

Despare: That's perfect. I need to talk to you.

Despare pulls V into a small alley way.

Despare: I...I have a problem.

V: And I have to help?

Despare: I will reward you greatly. I need you to recover something.

V: Please don't say it's a rock.

Despare: What? No. Much more important. A life is in danger. I have tried my best, but. Well, I fear I am too late. What do you know of...Freak?

V looks puzzled. End credits role.

The Ferrets like it...

Last edited by _____V_____; 08-26-2009 at 08:01 AM.