View Single Post
Old 06-17-2007, 12:10 AM
For Vendetta

Body Melt (1993)

Bone Sickness (2004)

Braindead aka Dead Alive (1992)

"A great deal of the movies on this list are here because of their realism: they expose the depravity that could happen right in your own neighborhood and are terrifying because of it. This couldn’t be further from the truth for Dead Alive, a gorehound’s dream in the most over-the-top, cartoony fashion that I have ever seen.

To say that the gore is plentiful is an understatement. This movie takes about 15 minutes to set up the carnage, and after that it’s just balls-to-the-wall foolishness right to the end. We’ve got zombie babies, the most sickening custard of all-time, a monster-mother that makes even the worst in-laws look like a gift from Heaven, a lawnmower massacre, and – my personal favourite – a Catholic priest who “kicks ass for the Lord”.

It’s a much coveted title, especially among the movies on this list, but as far as I’m concerned this HAS to be the goriest movie of all time. There are certainly movies that are far more disturbing, but in terms of blood and guts per minute I think Dead Alive beats out just about everything. And just think – the guy behind this now makes 3 hour plus, multi-million dollar Hollywood epics. Oh how times have changed." - The_Return

Burial Ground: Nights of Terror aka Notti del terrore, Le (1981)

Caligula (1979)

Last edited by _____V_____; 12-17-2009 at 09:47 AM.