View Single Post
Old 04-04-2019, 01:53 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningriser View Post
Anyway, yeah it was weird. I still think Lydia is playing them. If she wanted that Walker to bite her, she would have let it. Then when she begged Carol to kill her, she had no idea there was a walker behind her oh, so assuming Carol was swinging at her, Lydia ducked to miss the blow. I'm worried she's going to do something to get Daryl to fall in love with her and either kill him or break his heart worse than it has ever been broken. I think if Lydia truly turned against her mother, Alpha would have killed her at the fair, but she didn't. The way they were talking to each other made me believe it was staged. I think the sadness we saw from alpha last week when she killed one of her own for not obeying her orders, was just her fear of Lydia being with the Enemy. I mean Alpha told Daryl, "I don't think you can take care of my daughter, but I hope I'm wrong", why would she care otherwise? Alpha may be a monster, but she loves her daughter dearly. After doing what they just did to the others, I think it made her more fearful for her daughter's safety which made her emotional, which explains why she had Alpha whip the merciless hell out of her, because in her mind pain is discipline.

Unless Ezekiel was mostly referring to Lydia, I want to know why in the hell he said what he did to Daryl, knowing Carol would never stand for that. I mean if it is because of Lydia, I totally understand, especially if I'm right about my theory. Ezekiel is smarter than he lets on, but I still think that was a really shitty thing of him to say. I mean even if he told Daryl if he got rid of Lydia he could come with them, I think that would have made more sense. Darryl almost died trying to find Sophie... shouldn't that mean something to Ezekiel, even if Sophie wasn't his daughter and he never got to meet her?
I don't think Lydia is playing them for one reason: the scene in the Kingdom where Lydia tells her mom she belongs with the Community people. Those two are alone -- thus they weren't doing a performance, it's how Lydia really feels.

That's not to say Lydia isn't traumatized and can't be manipulated at a future date, but she wasn't going to any happier with her mom after she killed Henry.

I've seen men, like Ezekiel, say that to friends before. Men are like that. They'll step on your face to keep their woman. Zeke knows Lydia reminds Carol of Henry, but so does Zeke, and maybe Daryl too. So he figures Daryl knows he's talking code about Lydia, cause Daryl would have to take her with him. And that's exactly what Daryl offered to Carol. No dice for Zeke. But Carol has a history of adopting kids just like Lydia, so that's what's gonna happen.