View Single Post
Old 08-28-2018, 07:49 AM
Banned

I find movies about slashers or situations that could actually happen to be more engaging or intriguing to me then any other sub genres of Horror. that shouldn't suggest I don't like other genres because I do, there's just something about real life situations that could actually happen that in a way it excites me for a lack of a better term but it doesn't mean I'm going to go out and start killing people. with that said, I find the more detailed Gore scenes, not necessarily over the top, but very detailed, Makes me feel a little uneasy. For example, the scene in the scene in high tension when the mother almost gets decapitated made me feel a little weird and uncomfortable Because of the way the scene was detailed. everything from the way the blood-spattered on to the closet door, the way her body was positioned and the fact that she was still alive fucked with me. as far as stuff like a Serbian film with the baby raping bullshit, it's the same thing, if it doesn't really seem believable it's not really going to affect me but if a lot of detail is put into something like that It makes me feel terrible. I mean look at I Spit on Your Grave verses Last House Last House on the Left, the main female characters in both movies were raped and both and both scenes made us feel bad but the rape scenes from I Spit on Your Grave or so graphically detailed It made us feel a lot worse than the rape scene from Last House on the Left made us feel. my point is, pretty much anything can be made to make us feel Terror, fear, anger and empathy, It all just depends on the execution.