View Single Post
Old 01-06-2017, 08:09 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roiffalo View Post
Ginger Snaps

I watched this once in my teen years... I can't remember how early, possibly mid-teens, long enough ago I don't remember it too well. I do remember it was really intense. I didn't remember that part incorrectly. When you open up with a toddler playing in a sandbox with mutilated dog parts, it's safe to say the movie doesn't worry about holding back.

Viewing this again as an adult, it still makes me squirm a bit. The relationship between the sisters alone is uncomfortable before Ginger gets bit. But the little things through the movie such as Ginger's physical changes without the moon (like growing a fucking tail) were just so awesome, it beautifully builds up for the ending when we get to see the movie's fully changed werewolf. And itsssss... a'ight. I mean it's not one of the more memorable such as American Werewolf in London, but like the rest of the movie it pushes the limit.

Effects, filming, characters, story, it all builds up beautifully. I didn't understand the first time I watched it why it's a cult classic, but it's easy to say I do now.
I remember confirming with Hammerfan what I thought the basic symbolism, or analogy, of the film was.

Roiffalo, what did you think the film was comparing with becoming a werewolf? In other words, what was the basic analogy?