View Single Post
Old 07-17-2018, 06:28 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Oh yeah, forgot about those kitty kats taking our jobs! Oh well, at least the powers at be were able to stagnate wages so that both parents have to work for a family to get by. Don't be envious.

And in my opinion I think that in order for a movie to be a true classic there has to be something about it that people like and remember many years later. Take Night of the Living Dead for example it managed to create an entire horror genre of it's own. Even bad movies can sometimes become classics like Mommie Dearest for example. Everybody knows it's the movie about a bipolar drunken Hollywood mother who beats her daughter with wire hangers.

I think that when a movie first comes out the only way to tell if it will be a true classic is to wait many years later and see if people still remember it or reference it. Even if a movie is technically good that doesn't necessarily mean it will become a classic. Also this rule applies to things like TV shows and books too.

Think of the billions of books that have been written for centuries that everyone has now forgotten about.