View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 09:37 AM
Little Boo

Cabin In the Woods!

I wrote up a review of Cabin in the Woods! We also do webreviews so if you want to see more... We debate this film to the DEATH!

http://youtu.be/aLnF0K5tX20

I try to avoid knowing anything about a movie before I see it. This was an extremely beneficial strategy considering The Cabin In The Woods. I’m wary about saying too much. I think the most I can say is that this film is a horror comedy that basically serves to criticize the state of horror film today. Our filmmakers, Drew Goddard and Joss Whedon, estrange the concept of idiotic sex starved teenage characters isolated in the woods to make a point that this is not how horror films should be made. The script has fantastic set-up full of extended suspense and absurdity, and we find our cabin residents (our 5 young-un’s) very likeable by the time the horror begins. They are smart and witty and they also just happen to be very good looking. Without giving away too much, when it comes down to it, this film is absolutely Fun and should be a guaranteed good time for fans of the Whedonverse. SEE IT

What did you THINK?!