View Single Post
Old 11-04-2016, 08:19 AM
Little Boo

I realize this post is months old, but as this thread pops up in various searches, I thought I would reply

:SPOILERS:

None of the animal killings are slow. Every one lasts just a few seconds. The turtle is not dismembered by natives, its the film makers who do it. He is killed with two chops to the neck. His head is removed and then his body is cut up. I dont know why this is so upsetting to people. Hes dead. There are twitches and leg movements after his head is cut off, but he is not alive any more.

The only one that I found hard to watch was the killing of the "musk rat" (really, a very small coati). He gets stabbed in the throat twice and is screaming a lot. But, again, the scene only lasts a few seconds.

Aside from those two animals, they also kill a small monkey (by cutting his head in half), a snake and a large spider. All deaths happen quickly and are on screen only a few seconds.

The animal killings shouldnt stop you from watching this film. Theyre minor and not particularly graphic. Plus, if youre a meat eater, well... dont be a hypocrite! From what I have read about the film, all the animals killed were eaten. Cept the spider, I imagine!

You SHOULD skip this movie, tho, as its just horrible. The storyline and acting are atrocious. Basically, everyone in the jungle (natives and film makers, alike) are soulless psychopaths who rape and murder everything with zero emotion or feelings. Somehow the director tries to use this as some lame commentary on western society? Its rubbish.