View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 07:05 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Faustus View Post
Here's a movie I've talked up plenty: http://www.withersin.com/review_tghs.htm
If you haven't seen it, check it out post haste. Also, Girl's Rebel Force of Competitive Swimmers was mentioned in Asian Cult Cinema magazine and that sounds good.
I LOVE Asian Cult Cinema magazine (I should actually subscribe to the damn thing instead of buying its issues ad hoc). And, because of that article, I am incredibly intrigued by GRFCS... But unfortunately Netflix doesn't have it. :(

Terrifying... High School has just been added, however. Thanks for the rec.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post
Oldboy? I would say no way... but I'd lean towards yes with Ichi.

Some Asian schlock I liked...

Battlefield Baseball, SARS Wars: Bangkok Zombie Crisis, Sick Nurses to an extent, and I'd put Wild Zero on par with Stacy at least although I didn't love either of them. There are a ton more but those are the ones that came to mind first. Oh, and have you watched Happiness yet?
I agree with you about Oldboy and I am still questioning my catagorization of Ichi... Maybe that one would be more Splatterpunk than Schlock? I'm still trying to identify the difference between the two genres...

Sick Nurses I've been meaning to check out for a while, so I'll go ahead and add that right now. As for SARS Wars, geez - I think the boyfriend will love that one. :D

As for Happiness... GUESS WHAT?!?! I thought of you today because IT'S NOW AVAILABLE ON NETFLIX and should be on its way as soon as Netflix receives my recently returned Kamikaze Girls (beautifully stylized and definitely worth a looksee for Asian cinema fanatics) and The Notorious Bettie Page (not worth a watch, despite the directorial attempt of Mary Harron).

Join my Facebook Horror Group!