Thread: Deadpool
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 05:36 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
Yknow what I'd like them to do with that?
'Hey, those weapon x guys cloned me to make XI, who was never me at all", have the beginning an escape story, realises he's got cancer or something fucked up from them experimenting, goes back for revenge, gets another "offer" to turn into the deadpool we actually recognise at all. Oh, and have him kill that XI thing within like, the first 5 minutes...comes across him during his escape, looks like a big showdown, then an indiana jones style "bang, you're dead".
They can fix what they did.
All they really need to do is have the healing factor reject the ridiculous extra powers, then write the cancer angle into the time that we didn't see him during Wolverine.

He disappeared for a long damn time - wouldn't be hard at all to fit his real origin in there.

I've got complete faith in this. Reynolds is not someone that I'm overly fond of, but he's professed a love for the character and - personality wise - he nailed it thus far. They made a few less than stellar changes to the character, but they fixed the worst offense after the credits (his mouth), and set themselves up to really do him justice from here.