Thread: Netflix Gems
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 05:05 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giganticface View Post
I thought it was enjoyable, but pretty straightforward for a Mark Duplass script. It has more of a survival thriller feel to it. I guess what makes it "feminist horror" is that the men are bad, the women are good, and the good women take revenge on the bad men. A bit simplistic for my tastes, but still a good watch.

For me, it teetered me on the line of love and hate, and in the end neither won. So I guess that's good enough for me. Too much of guys punching women in the face though.

Lucky McKee is a weird mix. He's been criticised for misogyny, while at the same time clearly delivering feminist themes. Confused? Hypocritical? Genius? :)

I'm guessing you didn't like The Woman?

Yeah, Alyce felt a bit amateurish for the first half, but when the shizz hits the fan, wee doggie it really hits the fan. I ended up liking it quite a bit.
I didn't realize that my boyfriend wrote Black Rock; I'll have to check it out now.

As for The Woman, no I haven't seen it - I have a feeling that it'll make me feel icky and uncomfortable, so I've decided to avoid it - What are your thoughts on the movie? Like it, don't like it, etc.? And isn't it part of the Jack Ketchum trilogy?

This is currently On Instant and it's pretty damn good.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!