View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 03:06 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearonsarms View Post
I adore this film, I think it is quite believable and what happens at the end I found to be refreshingly realistic :)
yeah, loved it for that too :)

The Collection (2012)

Liked the ending but overall not better than the 1st part, IMO. Just a time passing entertainer.

>>: B

Amber Alert (2012)

Another stupid found footage flick with a few annoying characters.

>>: D

The Impossible (2012)

Made by much of the same crew from 2007 Spanish horror masterpiece THE ORPHANAGE; this is a very heart-wrenching moving tale (based on a true story) about a family's utterly horrifying experience in 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami while they were on holiday vacation at a tropical paradise resort in Khao Lak, Thailand. Just came to know that the tsunami was recreated with a mixture of digital effects and real water surges using miniatures that were destroyed by a huge wave created in a water tank in Spain. The director J.A. Bayona later admitted it was "crazy" to commit to working with real water rather than a computer generated wave, but he wanted the story to be authentic. And that meant Naomi Watts and Tom Holland, who play mother and son Maria and Lucas, were gulping water in a massive water tank for almost five weeks (Source: Wikipedia)! And the film really quite successfully recreates the frightening nature of that natural disaster and also amazingly portrays the true horror & unimaginable ordeal that people go through while they somehow survives such a high scale catastrophe. The cast was perfect as they delivered quite a few tear-jerking moments. Overall, one of the few realistic disaster movies seen in years.

>>: A

Last edited by roshiq; 02-01-2013 at 03:10 AM.