View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 08:47 AM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
Yea, i didn't like that one. Never got through it.

The next one tho (Homecoming) is without a doubt my favorite. So far.

The movements especially in combat has really been updated. Something i've been waiting for in a loooong time.
See, that's one of the biggest things I hated about Homecoming. It turned in into a 3rd person shooter (esk) gameplay. Of course the American team has to completely westernize the game and that is one of the biggest things that made the others terrifying. Granted, that original control set up I don't feel was perfected until 3, it actually made some sense. Silent Hill is not Gears of War. Just like Gears of War would be crap with Silent Hill controls. The original Silent Hill games, as you probably know, dealt with protagonists that were everyday joes. So awkward movement and combat makes sense. These characters were not Navi Seals, so the fact that they cannot properly use a knife, not only makes sense, but makes the survival horror aspect that much more horrifying. Homecoming upset me not only for that reason, but because the character was just as much of a badass as the enemies you are fighting and when that happens there is no longer a threatening, uncomfortable feeling. It says something when the only weapon I used most of the game was the starter knife, because it turns him into Ryu Hayabusa lol.

Sorry for the rant. I am very passionate about Silent Hill. I hope you don't say anything about the creatures. <.<...... >.>......

Also, I would love to talk about beer with you guys as well. Is there a beer thread? lol