View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 03:48 AM
For Vendetta

The Women Of Horror Tournament

Let's admit it - a fitting tribute to the ladies who have sparked in our favorite genre for years was always on the cards. Actresses who have shined through in horror films from vintage times to modern - often categorized as "Scream Queens", but very capable and competent in the acting department in their own respective rights.

Going by some recent threads posted on the same topic, I was reminded (by one of our esteemed members through a PM nudge) of the research I did into this a year or so back. Funnily, the list I prepared back then (in a worksheet) is almost ready and just needs a bit of proof-reading and re-checking. Back then I was contemplating about whether to make this a Top 100 project or a tournament but decided on the latter, because I didn't think we have 100 good female actors in our genre just yet.

So, till I do the final bit of dusting and cleansing, let the anticipations begin.

Dedicating this particular tournament to 3 members - Hammerfan, Neverending & Newb.