View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 12:22 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSadistro View Post
ugh ! Please don't make me go through them all now for references (knee deep in editing at the moment for a filmfest deadline). I remember for sure at some point it was stated "Freddy loves children, especially little girls" and it was definitely not a warm meaning. More like a creepy Michael Jackson thing. Part of the problem with franchises like 'Elm Street' and 'Halloween' is they continually decide to go in different directions at some point and viewers are "not supposed to count" this movie or that in the sequels because it doesn't fit the current movie being released (ala the return of Jamie Lee Curtis after she was "dead" for a few installments). Just another typical way to insult your intelligence by the studios in search of more money :rolleyes:
CK
That's still not a direct quote to say "molester". As Massacre Man said, he could simply enjoy killing girls, more so than boys.

Kind of like in a lot of the other movies that involve people getting killed. Look at High Tension. It wasn't a rape and molest. It was a drive to kill women. Same thing could be done with A Nightmare On Elm Street.

As far as Halloween, after the 3rd one, they were really strange, and partially, didn't make sense. The Nightmare On Elm Street followed fairly close to it's roots, throughout the entire franchise.

Freddy Vs. Jason, in my opinion, does not count as one of the Nightmare On Elm Street series films. It's closer to a Friday The 13th. And come on, if you're going to say that, Freddy Vs. Jason counts, how about Freddy Vs. The Ghostbusters? Or Freddy Vs. Jay and Silent Bob? It's not really much to the series. It didn't add anything, and didn't have a whole lot of reference to the original films stories. It's more like a spin-off. Kind of like a lot of the old TV Shows, that used the same characters, but nothing to do with another shows story and script.

That would be like saying, Nosferatu wasn't a scary, evil kind of vampire, because Bela Lugosi as Dracula, was a more warm-hearted, gentleman type. It's the original that is what counts. Not what someone says down the line. If that was the case, everyone would be in court, every weekend, filing something about someone that they lost the day before. It would be an ongoing battle that would never cease.

I think the only reason they added the "Freddy likes little girls", part to the script, was to put something in there, relating to today's society. He didn't start off as a molester, and he still isn't. It's never been stated that he is.