View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 03:59 AM
Bad Natured

Shi gan AKA Time (2006). Ki-duk Kim is quickly becoming one of my all time favorite directors. i love the complaints that are thrown his way, which are basically that he is too this or too that. Sounds like jealousy to me. Time is a wonderful account centering on the self, what it is, how it changes, and how others will accept the change, both physical and mental. It is like an identity crisis that manifests in the material world. S. Koreans definitely have the penchant for taking a twisted concept, one that would serve as the complete story for an American flick, and using it to give a story momentum before getting to the real heart of the story. The acting is wonderful if not painfully and embarrassingly portrayed. The direction was wonderful, and the cinematography was splendid. i am not sure whether Sculpture Park really exists or was a set production, but the sculpture there was intensely wonderful on its own accord. Lastly, i usually detest love stories no matter how they are told, and this turned out to be a love story that i loved, tragic though it may have been. Dark, cerebral, moody, and pretty twisted, Time was a wonderful flick on all accounts. Ashe.
derek

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.