View Single Post
Old 10-05-2016, 04:43 AM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
I have just finished Dying Light.
It *does* get better with weapons and upgrades etc, in terms of the combat.
But to be honest I found it very grindy, and the storyline was just not great...I found it difficult to invest in this game.
Now that I've finished, I might be tempted at some point to play the sequal/expansion, but yeah overall my thoughts weren't great.

I just put on "Until Dawn", which I thought looked amazing.
Though...I'm just not feeling it. Might be something I'd have watched as a horror movie a whiles back, but thus far (very early going though) it's just not what I'm looking for in a game.
I mean I've played "Obscure", I've played "Heavy Rain" and figured this one would fall somewhere between the two...but yeah...I find myself not caring, not intrigued at all. I haven't even seen any *action* in the game really. So far I'm just a bunch of people walking around a snowy cabin place.
Too much talk. Too much emphasis on "choices" when it's not really at an important part of the game as yet.

I'm a little disappointed. I remember when I first saw/heard about this game, I like REALLY wanted to play it.
I'm not at "turning off" stage yet, but I can't say I know when I'll turn it on again.

I might try "The Division" instead for now. Another one I've yet to play.
I really enjoyed Dying Light. I had a lot of fun with it. Until Dawn is cool but theres really not enough choices that matter. The stories always gonna be the same and all that matters is who dies and when and even that's minimal.

Im currently playing Witcher 3 for the third or fourth time