View Single Post
Old 05-02-2006, 06:42 AM
Therapy?

Re: Re: ...

Quote:
Originally posted by bwind22
Hmm... Well, they are in a pretty heated fight the entire scene. I don't think there will be that much through out the film, but I appreciate your comment about it being taken amateur and I agree completely. (That's why this is only the 1st rough draft. ;) ) I'll probably scale it back (at least from the mother), but it couldn't be eliminated completely. I mean, this whole fight is shortly before she decides she wants to leave him and he decides to kill her. It's pretty heated.
It could be eliminated completely, you can have a heated argument without swearing. I think having a few curse words to emphasize feeling and the type of person your character is can be good, just not every sentence.

an idea:

the mother could use the first curse word and then the father could be like "you fuckin swear in front of our kid? He's crying now, are you happy? You did that." or something to that effect. Then the father would swear when he talked to her, but she would no longer swear at him. Builds more sympathy for the mother character that way too.

It's going to be super hard without good actors, I wouldn't even attempt it so good luck, I hope it works out how you want it to. :)

I'd also be happy to read the finished script.