View Single Post
Old 10-01-2014, 11:51 AM
HDC Idol

Her (2013)

I'm going to have a hard time writing about this movie because I don't think that I could possibly do it justice.

In short: This is a perfect, beautiful little movie about love and technology and relationships... Relationships between two people... And our cultural relationship with technology... A non-dystopic near future that is beautiful and transhuman...

So many things to love about this movie - The writing, the warm glow of the direction, the characters - Acting by Joaquin, Scarlet, Amy Adams... The costumes, the world-building, the beautiful and melancholy music - I just loved, loved, loved this movie...

I also loved how it touched on technology - We're in the near-future but it's not a dirty dystopia - Sure, we're still plugged into our devices, but it's not about how technology is taking over - It's about our relationship with technology (both literally and figuratively in the movie) and it also explores the philosophy of AI & Turing... Touched on some very interesting science fiction themes and has a very well-done conversation with the audience...

I know that was a really mushy review but honestly, I loved loved loved this movie - I definitely recommend it, especially for science fiction-lovers who were intrigued by its premise.

5/5.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!