View Single Post
Old 01-08-2017, 09:52 AM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
I might have been the one to say Blair Witch Project was boring because it was. I'm all for a slow burn that builds up tension and suspense but BWP didnt do that, it was just three people walking in the woods with no tension at all.
Fair enough. If it bored you, it bored you. First time I saw it, I eventually became a little annoyed with the forest section (which is 80%). But after seeing it the second time, I realised my expectations ruined my first viewing.

Second viewing, I found it effectively building tension and frustration slowing beginning to boil over into conflict and cause disorientation, cause the forest was changing on them, etc. I was really into the characters. And then it moved to some pretty effective suspense and scares when they were getting messed with at night.

And then (you'll probably remember from the Best Decades discussion we had) I actually understood the ending (along with another member), because I missed some key info the first time around.

Blair has been a divisive film, with a high level of both high and low appreciation.

Last edited by Sculpt; 01-08-2017 at 09:54 AM.