View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 03:28 PM
Wanna Join?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard of gore View Post
while were talking about our book lifes,id say that im a collector but never get at most about 8 behind in my slowly growing libary.Id only buy a book a month unless i go to a market or something and find good stuff.mainly coz i only get through a book within a monthI also rearly pay over 5 bux nz for a book which is allgood coz new books and new versions of books allways seem to have big writing(i suppose so they dont have to another version for eye problem people)and are big books to hold.i dont mind the old style little ones ,usually have cheesey art work on the cover too..cant stand e books,only one i ever got was off tim miller off this forum,coz it was free.and finally i dont find stephen kings books very scary at all,good writer,but not a scary one,and worse is guys who try and imitate him
I love older paperbacks especially with "cheesey" artwork. The cheesier the better, but I mean that in a good way. How some covers get picked nowadays is beyond my ability to explain or understand.

"Within the framework of most horror tales we find a moral code so strong it would make a Puritan smile." Stephen King, DANSE MACABRE