View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 10:59 AM
Cranky

Okay, I'll give it a shot for real. IMDB lists this as Action/Drama/Thriller but I think there are enough horror elements to classify it as a horror film.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100661/

Sonny Boy. (1989)

A small time crime boss and his transvestite wife, played by David Carradine keep a small boy prisoner in a cage on their desert compound. They've cut out his tongue, and the crime boss (Paul Smith) torments the boy mercilessly, so he grows up a raging monster. Eventually the monster escapes and goes on a rampage in the surrounding area. Cast includes Conrad Janis and Brad Dourif.

It's one seriously strange movie, and Carradine as the transvestite wife gives the performance of his career. It's never been released in any format anywhere, and had a very limited initial run. This automatically makes it far more abscure than any film any of you mention once having had on an old tape or disc in the past. I only managed to catch it on one of TCM's "secret showings" where they don't list the film in their schedule- they just pop it in unannounced.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff

Last edited by neverending; 07-18-2013 at 02:58 PM.