View Single Post
Old 05-01-2018, 12:00 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Orphan (2009)

I give it a 3/10. That was the stupidest horror movie I have seen in recent years and I don't understand why so many people liked it. The plot twist was so absurd and you could see it coming from 10 miles away, and I didn't like how Esther was portrayed as another evil Russian stereotype especially when a lot of the "innocent" American characters around her were less likable than she was. Like you had her adoptive brother who told her to go back to Transylvania because he thought she was a freak (and not only was he too stupid to realize that she was from Russia but that Transylvania isn't even a country and somehow her pointing out his ignorance made her more evil), you had the little elementary school ***** who tried to bully her just because she wore a dress to school instead of jeans like all the other "normal girls" (I think that brat deserved to get pushed off a slide and break her leg I felt no sympathy for her at all), and then you had her adoptive parents themselves who are getting their freak on right in the middle of the kitchen with their kids upstairs... Yeah, I hated every character in this movie!