View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 01:19 PM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Opening credits role. V and Dante are standing by a hole in the side of the ship. V is talking into his radio. He puts it down.

V: Doc should be here in five minutes.

Dante: Now what?

V: We go to the next station-

Dante: That wasn't what I meant.

V: I know. But if we just go over there, kill the creatures and dave the humans then we can forget-

Dante: No we can't!

V: What do you suggest then?

Dante: I don't know...

V: Exactly.

Dante: But you saw what I saw. You saw the future of the humans.

V: We saw a possible future.

Dante: I want to believe that too.

V: Do these creatures change that?

Dante: No. But they let the spirits live on. They progress.

V: Progress? You call that progression?

Dante: Either way they're doomed! At least these things let life carry on! They have the souls of the humans. And through them, the human race will carry on.

V: Souls? These things have no souls?

Dante: Then what are we? Are we without souls too? What right do we have to select ourselves as the better ones? That choice was made by a power far greater.

V: The thing that set this into motion is nothing more than a child with a magnifying glass. And we are the ants.

Dante: If we kill these creatures then there is still nothing but doom! You know that. These things-

V: It must be so nice living in denial. I should try it.

Dante: They are our kin!

V: They are not a patch on us! What are you suggesting. We just let them kill those innocent people?

Dante: No. I suggest we let the better ones win. This is out of our hands. If this is the correct next step, they will stand victorious. If not, then we will know that it wasn't meant to be.

V: What a splendid idea. Tell me, what do you think the hundreds of slaughtered humans would have to say? What would they think? ANSWER ME THAT!

Dante: I tried to help my friends! And I couldn't. Do you know why? Because it is out of our hands. I thought like you. I thought if I just killed them all, things would be fine, but they're not! The true victor will stand tall at the end of this. Because now I realize. In aiding the humans, we could be making the right choice. Or we could be dooming the tiny amount of life left.

V: How can you care so little about them? We have to save them! We have to. We have the capability. And you won't do it. You're as bad as those creatures.

Dante: Just know this. I am not your enemy. But I am not your friend. I am nobody's friend, and neither are you. We are freaks! We are the odd ones out. You look at yourself; V, defender of the human race. But no. If they knew what you were they would cast you out into the black abyss.

V: I suggest we go our separate ways.

Dante: Finally, some intelligence.

He starts walking away. Doc Faustus walks around the corner.

Dante: Oh, and tell me, V. Where is she? Where is your precious stubbornforgey?

V glares at him.

Dante: If you couldn't save the woman you love, what makes you think you can save them?

Ending credits role.

The Ferrets like it...

Last edited by _____V_____; 04-27-2009 at 09:58 AM.