View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 10:02 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Kingdom of the Spiders (1977)

They should make more films about spiders (or insects) praying on humans. I just love this kinda movies. Damn, they don't make these anymore:mad:...I wish they could even make some films like Land of the Giant Mosquitoes or Invasion of the Flying Spiders!

>>: B+

Winter's Bone (2010)

>>: B

Paranormal Activity 2 (2010)

Well...it's an okay prequel/parallel installment of the original PA and I think that's the best they could do with it as actually I didn't expect much from it. Like I said before here I wasn't a big fan of the original but admit that PA was a fairly decent film indeed. Anyway, there are some nice scares or "creepy" sequences that came on a regular basis from the 2nd half but bit disappointment comes with the ending here (so looking forward to see the brutal alternate one that hopefully will appear in the dvd) and I guess that left everything open for another version next year.

>>: B-

The great thing is we're now having a 5 day long Eid Holiday vacation here that just started from today and as usually I'm planning to "wasting" it on watching lots of movies one after another. And right now, getting ready for a Takashi Mike Double Bill...:)

Last edited by roshiq; 11-16-2010 at 10:06 AM.