View Single Post
Old 09-28-2016, 12:23 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goathead View Post
So I watched this flic yesterday and it awesome, I really enjoyed it. I wasn't expecting much when I started it to be honest, but as soon as the main character founds the house I thought that this will be something special.
Now to the question if it's a horror film or not....well yes, somehow. It definitely has some horror elements, already the disturbing atmosphere makes the viewer not feel very comfortable throughout the movie. Until the very end I was hoping so much that the guy could leave cause for me the house was a pure nightmare. And added the kind of "Ring" moments of the girl standing in the room with her black hair hiding her face, it added a bit to the horror of the film. Now I agree that it is more of a dark fairytale, but surely with some horror elements.
Glad you liked it. It's a very interesting movie and very underrated. I feel like not a lot of people have seen it.
I'm gonna have to re-watch it soon. It is coming up to Halloween!
Ultimately I feel like the film might fall into the same category as Pans Labyrinth. A dark fairy tale with horror elements but focuses more on emotion and characters.