View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 08:42 AM
HDC Idol

Hack / Slash Omnibus: Vol 1

Fairly entertaining at first; really liked the concept of the red-hot killer of slashers... Ultimately, though (and I can't believe I'm saying this); for me, just pure t&a isn't enough... It got a bit redundant after a while... I would say, horror fans - definitely check out the first couple of volumes... Other than that, it's just so/so.

Powers Vol. 3: Little Deaths

Not as good as the previous volumes, but still entertaining; I like the characters enough and the world to keep reading.

Powers Vol. 4: Supergroup

REALLY loved the direction that this volume took - Definitely added a wonderful and sad layer to the story and the world... The end was absolutely heartbreaking but I am very excited to see what happens next.

American Vampire Vol. 1

American Vampire Vol. 2

Wow. WOW. I absolutely adore comics with vivid, interesting characters, and a strong narrative... And this has both of those elements - Reminds me a bit of Preacher; you have some really fascinating characters, all with a backstory, that peels back slowly - Each comic adds another layer to it.

I can't wait to get my hands on the next volume (just ordered from Amazon).

Honestly, this is HIGHLY recommended for horror fans, vampire fans, and comic fans of Preacher, Locke & Key, and the like. Looking for a strong story and strong characters? Look no further. I LOVE this comic.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!