Thread: The Road
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 11:59 AM
Evil Dead

I dont know what you guys where watching but i put The Road in my favourite movie i have seen this year.I know it has been about one or two years but i only got to see it a few weeks ago and it blew me away.

It is hugely depressing i have to say,but that is the point.The end of the world have been and gone and what is left is nothing but misery for the last few people alive.The father and son story is compelling,the father trying to teach the son how to survive in a world turned upside down.

Fighting hunger and cold as well as cannibalism is a scary thought.I was glued from start to finish.I simply cannot believe how anyone can call this movie bad.It is an astonishing tale of desperation.There is no happy ending or stupid teens having sex,it is a story of real horror,or a horror which could very easily come true.

If you want a fast action,blood and guts kind of film then this isnt for you but if you want a heart rending thought provoking soul searching flic then go for it.I dont care what anyone else says about it i loved every single moment of it.

Last edited by Anthropophagus; 09-05-2012 at 12:02 PM.